The Tower Suite is a delightful four-bedroom suite that makes up the entire top floor of the main wing in the Château des Sablons. This suite is a combination of the Arbor View and the Long View Suites, and has beautiful views of the grounds and the surrounding countryside. The château, located in the heart of the Loire Valley, is perfect for experiencing old-world charm and modern-day activities.
- Conveniently located in the heart of the Loire Valley in Bourgueil at the Château des Sablons
- Four bedrooms with three king-sized beds and a double-sized bed
- Delightfully-terraced swimming pool
- Perfectly situated for sight-seeing and many outdoor activities
Château des Sablons is a beautiful 18th-century château with a white stone façade. It is ideally situated on the edge of the medieval market town Bourgueil which is amidst some of the greatest castles in the heart of the Loire Valley.
The Tower Suite is a delightful four-bedroom suite that makes up the entire top floor of the main wing in the Château des Sablons. This suite is a combination of the Arbor View and the Long View Suites, and has beautiful views of the grounds and the surrounding countryside.
This suite accommodates up to six guests, and allows for the perfect vacation no matter your pleasures.
Activities also abound in the area. Visit other châteaus, tour museums, and taste the area’s fine wines and cuisine.
Enjoy numerous outdoor activities that include: watersports on the lakes and rivers (swimming, windsurfing, waterskiing, canoeing, and sailing), hunting, fishing, golf, and walking or cycling in the beautiful countryside and forests.
Guests in the Tower Suite are able to enjoy the swimming pool and grounds of the château. The grounds are designed to provide an enclave of peace and quiet and guests are encouraged to use the various tables and chairs in the park seating areas for coffee, drinks and meals. The château makes a great place to relax after a day of sightseeing or even in place of a day of sightseeing.
- Located on the top floor of the Château des Sablons with access via the circular staircase in the main tower of the Château on the 2eme etage (French counting) or third floor (American counting)
- The Tower Suite is a combination of the Arbor View and the Long View Suites, along with a chambre d’amis
- Four bedrooms with three king-sized beds and a double-sized bed (in the chambre d’amis)
- There are two full bathrooms with sink, toilet, shower (and in one case a tub as well). The small chambre d’amis also has a sink, and there’s a toilet in the hallway that is accessible by all. Therefore there’s limited waiting for the bathroom for your group
- The kitchen facilities include two refrigerators, two sinks, a two-burner electric stove top, and two microwaves, and coffeemakers, etc. Please note that the Tower Suite has no oven, and its kitchen is meant for light cooking needs
- The main living/dining area offers seating and dining space for about four people.
- Iron and Ironing board
- Parking available
- WiFi Internet Access
- TV with an on-demand entertainment system
You can choose to visit the area by foot, bicycle, train, or auto.
The Château des Sablons is only a 15-minute stroll from the center of Bourgueil. The town is well endowed with shops, including three butcher shops, five bakeries, three café-bars, five restaurants, a wonderful patisserie and a good newsagent’s shop for newspapers, etc. In addition, there are two supermarkets, one in town that stays open Sunday morning and one just on the outskirts, the huge HyperU Supermarket.
The town is prosperous and enjoyable, and a center of wine production. The A.O.C. of Bourgueil is present on every wine list of any size in France and visiting the neighboring wineries (you’ll pass vines on the way into town) is one of our guest’s favorite activities.
The Loire Valley is the part of France which is the most bicycle-friendly. A separate bike path has just been constructed between the center of Bourgueil and the Loire. This kind of construction is becoming more common in the area. (A several hundred-kilometer bike path runs along the south bank levee of the Loire.)
There are plenty of guides for visiting the region by bicycle, but the immediate area has three bike circuits of about 40 km that provide visitors with a unique visit to the area. One focuses on the vineyards and wine-producing areas, another on the old ports on the Loire, and another takes you up into the hills and along the Chaungeon to see the mills, etc.
You can also combine bicycle tours with the train to extend your range. Almost all local trains from the Port Boulet station 3.5 km from the château carry bicycles. This allows you to ride to Saumur on the bike and then take the train home, for instance.
The Château has a very convenient location, being only 3.5 km from an exit from the A85 motorway. This allows you immediate access to the motorway and speeds you to some of the further distance châteaus such as Amboise (less than an hour), Chenonceau (45 minutes), Langeais (15 minutes), Villandry (20 minutes), Chinon (15 minutes), Saumur (25 minutes), Montosreau (15 minutes), Angers, Azay le Rideau….
Discounts are available for stays of more than two weeks. Ask us about special rates for add-on nights!
|Jun 23 – Jul 13||Jul 14 – Aug 24|
|Aug 25 – Sep 14||Sep 15 – Oct 31|
|Nov 1 – Dec 18||Dec 19 – Jan 8|
|Jan 9 – Mar 5||Mar 6 – Jun 1|
|Jun 2 – Jun 22|