Write your travel memoirs while staying in an 18th century château in France’s Loire Valley.
Have you always dreamed of writing and publishing your own version of “Down and Out and Living in Paris?” Join the Every Life Is A Movable Feast travel writing workshop held this spring at the Château des Sablons in France’s historic and picturesque Loire Valley. While here, you will be inspired to start writing down your own travel experiences!
The Château des Sablons is located on the edge of Bourgueil, a medieval market town near some of the greatest castles that the Loire Valley has to offer.
The four-day workshop will be led by Margo Hammond, former book editor of the St. Petersburg Times, founder of the CREATIVE LATE BLOOMER blog, and memoir writing teacher at the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Excursions to regional wineries, Loire Valley châteaux, and the nearby studio of French author Honore de Balzac may also be arranged.
Writing Seminar Details:
• Date: May 3rd – 6th, 2012
• Cost: 950 Euros (approximately $1250) per person
• Hands-on morning writing sessions
• Professional critiques
• Publishing advice
• Welcome drinks
• Three breakfasts in the château’s Orangerie
• Saturday night group dinner
• Lunch on Friday, and a farewell luncheon on Sunday
• Commemorative book featuring participants’ writing
Click here to read Margo Hammond’s biography.